WHAT IS THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE?
Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasms, stress and to promote health and wellness. It also improves the functionality of the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injury and illness.
Here at bwellhealth our therapists have a diverse background of techniques, education and experience. Some of the services we provide include:
- Deep Tissue Massage- releases restrictions of the deeper muscles and underlying connective tissue through slow, deep pressure movements to relieve tension and pain.
- Trigger Point Therapy- for the release of trigger points within the skeletal muscle.
- Swedish Massage- light to medium pressure used for stress relief and relaxation.
- Shiatsu/Acupressure- releases concentrations of energy or blockages for a more whole-body approach to restoring energy balance.
- Myofascial Release- is used to identify and release areas of restrictions in the fascial system and aims to produce a well-balanced, mobile and symmetrical body.
- Polarity- uses energy to restore the body’s balance.
- CranioSacral therapy- is a gentle technique for releasing muscle/joint tension and tissue restriction, in order to promote balance and relaxation.
- Lymphatic drainage for edema and swelling.
- Prenatal massage- helps to relieve headaches, back pain, enhances sleep and reduces stress and fatigue.
MEET OUR THERAPISTS:
JoAnn McAllister has been practicing massage therapy for 25 years. She graduated from the Swedish Institute in New York in 1990, where she was originally licensed by the state medical board.
JoAnn also lived, worked, and studied at Omega Institute for Holistic studies from 1990-1992. While in residence, she studied with holistic practitioners and healers from all over the world. Her work reflects this diverse background, as a session is likely to include any or all of the modalities in her repertoire.
JoAnn’s practice offers:
- Classic Swedish
- Deep Tissue
- Trigger point release
- Polarity therapy
As a rule, JoAnn concludes each session with a deep relaxation energy protocol from polarity therapy which helps the client integrate the physical work.
JoAnn has been associated with Dr. Bardwell’s practice for over 15 years.
Write up coming soon…
Write up coming soon…